Verdicts And Settlements
By way of a small sample of actual cases, attorney Ron Attanasio, on behalf of his clients, has:
- Successfully mediated, and thereafter settled a multimillion-dollar ($2.5 million) products liability lawsuit against international and U.S. companies in the Federal District Court for the Western District of Kentucky at Louisville, where a steelworker client suffered a traumatic brain injury. The final settlement allowed the client to receive more money each year (for the rest of his life) than he had ever earned in any one year prior to suffering the traumatic brain injury; and in addition, the settlement provided enough money for his daughter to be able to obtain a college degree.
- Successfully litigated commercial contract dispute for a small-business owner, the judgment requiring payment of $150,000 in damages and preventing the business from closing its doors.
- Successfully mediated a motor vehicle accident where a client/parent and the children were all seriously injured, recovering over $800,000 and doing so even though the expert proof showed that the client/parent was speeding at the time of the accident.
- Successfully litigated a divorce case involving a $5-million prenuptial agreement, wherein the contract was held to be valid, against a strenuous defense and significant reservations of the court.
- Successfully negotiated the recovery of $150,000 on behalf of a client, who was a guest passenger in a “T-bone” motor vehicle accident and with limited insurance coverage by the negligent driver.
- Successfully mediated the recovery of over $300,000, on behalf of an ailing and wheelchair-bound elderly client whose dominant right leg had to be amputated, due to the negligence of a large corporate defendant.
Learn more about how Sharp & Attanasio, Attorneys at Law, can effectively resolve your legal issue. Call our Knoxville office today at 865-951-7468 or send an email to speak to an attorney at our firm.